Do you want to learn how to make orange with acrylic paint? It’s really quite easy!
In this blog post, we will discuss the different ways that you can create an orange color using acrylic paint.
We will also provide some tips and tricks for how to make the perfect orange hue for your painting.
So whether you are looking to create a pumpkin orange or light orange color, we have all the information you need!
How to Make Orange with Acrylic Paint
To create an orange color with acrylic paint, you must mix a few different colors. The most common way to make orange is by mixing together red and yellow paint. However, you can also create orange by mixing red and white or yellow and white paint.
Meaning of Orange Color
What does the color orange mean? You’ll probably get a hundred different answers if you ask a hundred people.
But here’s one way to think about it: orange is the color of joy, happiness, and creativity. It’s also the color of adventure, new beginnings, and self-expression.
In other words, if you’re looking to add a little excitement to your life, reaching for some orange is a good place to start.
So whether you’re painting your living room walls or choosing a new outfit, don’t be afraid to let your true colors shine through!
What Colors Make Orange?
Orange is a secondary color, meaning it can be made by mixing other colors together.
In fact, orange is made by mixing red and yellow together in equal proportions.
Depending on the exact shades of red and yellow used, the resulting orange can range from a light, peachy hue to a rich, pumpkin-like color.
So the next time you see a beautiful sunset or a juicy oranges, remember: it’s all just red and yellow mixed together.
How to Make Orange with Acrylic Paint
Now that we know what colors make orange let’s discuss how to mix them together to create the perfect hue.
When mixing paint colors, it’s always best to start with a small amount of each color and then add more as needed.
This will help you avoid making your orange too dark or too light.
Here’s a step-by-step process of making orange color:
- First, start with yellow paint and red paint in a ratio of two parts yellow to one part red.
- Mix the colors together until you have a uniform orange color.
- Add more yellow or red paint as needed to adjust the color.
And that’s all there is to it!
How to Make Orange Paint without Yellow
What if you don’t have any yellow paint? No problem! There are other ways to make orange without using yellow.
One way is to mix red and green together. This will create a different shade of orange, but it will still be beautiful.
Another way to make orange is to mix red and blue together. This method will create a purple-ish orange color, but it can still be used in a variety of ways.
So whether you’re working with a limited palette or just want to experiment, don’t be afraid to mix things up!
What Three Colors Make Orange
As we mentioned, orange is made by mixing red and yellow. But what if you want to add a little something extra to your orange color? Here are three ways to do it:
- Add a touch of white to create a light, peachy orange.
- Add a touch of black to create a rich, pumpkin-like orange.
- Add a touch of green to create a vibrant, neon-like orange.
How to Make Light Orange Paint
To make a bright orange paint:
You Will Need:
- 1 part white paint
- 1 part orange paint
- A mixing bowl
- First, pour the white paint into the mixing bowl.
- Next, add the orange paint to the bowl and stir until combined.
- Once you have your desired shade of light orange, congrats! You have now made light orange paint.
- To thin it out for use as a glaze, simply add water until you reach the desired consistency.
And that’s all there is to it!
How to Make Dark Orange Paint
To make a dark orange paint:
You Will Need:
- Orange paint
- Black paint
- Mixing bowl
- Pour some orange paint into the mixing bowl.
- Add a small amount of black paint to the orange paint and mix together until you have achieved the desired shade of dark orange.
- Pour the dark orange paint into a container for storage.
Tips and Tricks
- If you want to lighten the dark orange paint, mix in a little white paint.
- To make a brighter orange, mix in some yellow paint.
- For a more muted orange, mix in some red paint.
- If you want to make an orange with more of a pink hue, mix in some magenta paint.
- To make an orange with more of a green hue, mix in some cyan paint.
How to Make a Pumpkin Orange Color
If you want to make a pumpkin orange color, mix together equal parts of red and yellow paint.
You can also add a tiny bit of white paint to lighten the color if needed. To darken the orange color, add a touch of black paint.
How to Make Neon Orange Paint
- To make Neon orange paint, you’ll need to start with a bright orange base color.
- Then, depending on the effect you’re going for, you can use either opaque or transparent paint.
- To make the paint more Neon, add a small amount of white to create a light peach color.
- Once you have your desired hue, add in a UV activator or black light responsive pigment to make the paint glow under UV lighting.
- You can also use cadmium yellow paint to make a Neon orange color.
How to Make Burnt Orange Paint
Burnt orange is a deep, rich color that is perfect for fall. Mix together equal parts of red and yellow paint to make this color.
Add a small amount of black paint to darken the color if needed. You can also add a touch of white paint to lighten the color if needed.
How to Make Cadmium Orange
Cadmium orange is a beautiful, bright color that is perfect for adding a pop of color to any painting.
While it is possible to buy cadmium orange paint, it is also very easy to mix your own.
To mix cadmium orange, you will need:
- Cadmium yellow paint
- Cadmium red paint
- White paint
Start by mixing together equal parts of the cadmium yellow and cadmium red.
Once you have a nice, even mix, begin to add in small amounts of white until you reach the desired shade of orange.
Best Orange Acrylic Paint
The best orange acrylic paint is one that is bright and vibrant and can easily be mixed to create different shades of orange.
Some of the best brands for orange acrylic paint include:
- Golden Artist Colors
- Winsor & Newton
1. Acrylic Medium Golden Artist Colors Interference Orange
Golden Artist Colors Interference Orange is a unique acrylic paint that creates beautiful, iridescent effects.
It can be mixed with other colors to create an infinite range of shades and is perfect for adding highlights or creating interesting textures.
Its buttery consistency makes it a pleasure to work with, and it dries quickly to a beautiful, glossy finish.
2. Liquitex 1046620 BASICS Acrylic Paint
Liquitex 1046620 BASICS Acrylic Paint is a high-quality acrylic paint that is perfect for artists of all skill levels.
This intense red-orange paint is easy to mix and blend and can be used on a variety of surfaces.
It dries quickly to a durable, matte finish. The archival quality of this paint ensures that your paintings will last a lifetime.
3. Winsor & Newton Acrylic Color Tube
Looking for a strong and vibrant orange hue? Look no further than Winsor & Newton’s Cadmium Orange Hue Acrylic Color.
This beautiful shade is perfect for creating bold and eye-catching artworks.
The satin finish gives your paintings a luxurious look, while the permanent pigments ensure that your colors will stay true over time.
Opaque and lightfast, this color is sure to become a staple in your studio!
What Colors that Go with Orange
When it comes to choosing colors that go with orange, the sky is the limit! Orange is a very versatile color and can be paired with just about any other color.
Some great options include:
Acrylic Orange Painting Ideas
Looking for some inspiration for your next painting project? Check out these orange acrylic painting ideas:
- Create a beautiful sunset landscape by mixing various shades of orange, yellow, and red.
- Paint a still life of oranges using a variety of different values to create depth and interest.
- Mix orange with white to create a delicate peach color, perfect for painting portraits or floral arrangements.
- Create an abstract painting by mixing orange with other bright colors like pink, purple, and green.
- For a more subdued look, try mixing orange with brown or gray. This creates a warm and inviting color palette that is perfect for fall or winter scenes.
What Colors Make Yellow
When mixing colors, yellow is one of the primary colors. This means that it can be mixed with other primary colors to create a variety of different hues.
To mix yellow, you will need:
- Red paint
- Blue paint
- White paint
To mix a basic yellow color, start by mixing together equal parts of red and blue.
Once you have a nice, even mix, begin to add in small amounts of white until you reach the desired shade of yellow.
For a more vibrant yellow, use less white paint. For a softer hue, use more white paint.
Read more: How to Make Mustard Yellow.
What Colors Make Green
Green is another primary color that can be mixed with other primaries to create a variety of different colors.
Mixing yellow and blue together is the most common way to create green. This will create a light green, also known as lime green.
However, if you want to create a darker green, you can also mix in some black paint.
What Colors Make Purple
Purple is a secondary color created by mixing red and blue. For a more vibrant purple, use equal parts of each color.
For a softer hue, use more blue than red. You can also mix in white paint to lighten the color or black paint to darken it.
How to Make Red Colour
Red is a primary color that cannot be created by mixing other colors together. It is, however, possible to create different shades of red by adding white or black paint.
To make a brighter red, mix in small amounts of white paint until you reach the desired hue. For a darker red, mix in small amounts of black paint.
How do you paint acrylic orange?
Mix together equal parts of red and yellow paint to paint acrylic orange. Once you have a nice, even mix, begin to add in small amounts of white until you reach the desired shade of orange.
How do you make orange light acrylic paint?
Mix together equal parts of red and yellow paint to make light orange acrylic paint. Once you have a nice, even mix, begin to add in small amounts of white until you reach the desired shade of orange.
What color mix makes orange?
To mix orange, you will need to combine red and yellow paint.
What colors make bright orange?
The colors that make up bright orange are red and yellow. To create this hue, mix together equal parts of both colors. Once you have a nice, even mix, begin to add in small amounts of white until you reach the desired shade of orange.
What color does orange and green make?
When mixed together, orange and green create a secondary color called brown. To mix this color, use equal parts of both orange and green paint. Once you have a nice, even mix, begin to add in small amounts of white until you reach the desired shade of brown. Here’s more on making brown color.
As you can see, there are a variety of different ways on how to make orange with acrylic paint.
By using different shades of red, yellow, and white, you can create a wide range of oranges that can be used for all sorts of different projects.
Experiment with different proportions of each color until you find the perfect shade for your needs!
Thank you for reading and I hope this was helpful.
Leave a Reply